An additional break in took place on Eagle Vista (in Franklin Parke Estates, adjacent to Franklin Trace) on Thursday, October 16, 2014. The home is diagonal to Franklin Parke Blvd. The burglar jimmied the sliding glass door and took money, jewelry, electronic games, and medication.
On Thursday, Oct 16th at around 8:30 am, a home on Preamble Court was burglarized. The burglar entered through the back door after busting glass and rummaged through all of the medicine cabinets. Fortunately, nothing else seems to have been disturbed. A police report was filed and the house was dusted for prints. If you have any details, please contact the police or the Franklin Trace Board using the contact form on our website.
Please be aware that a attempted child abduction just occurred in Breckenridge (the neighborhood north of Franklin Trace.) A child reported that a beat up silver or light tan pickup truck followed the child after getting off the school bus. The truck has multiple dents. The child was aware of the situation and ran to a neighbor’s house. An officer in the neighborhood took the report. Please be on the lookout for this vehicle or any other suspicious vehicles and report them to 911.
Citizens Energy will be repainting the fire hydrants in Franklin Trace in the next new weeks. This will include installing new reflective tape as well (which will help firefighters find them during all times of the day in all types of weather.)
If you have a fire hydrant in your yard, please be aware this work is planned. Please us the contact link on the website if you have any questions.
The newly revised and community-approved Deed Restrictions / Covenants / By-Laws for Franklin Trace have been filed with the Assessor’s Office and are now officially in effect. This one document is now common for all sections of Franklin Trace. Please see the Document Section of the FranklinTrace.com website to download: http://franklintrace.com/documents/
The 2014 Fall Garage sale will be on Saturday, September 27, from 8AM to 2PM. Signs will be placed at the front entrance and we will coordinate with adjacent neighborhoods.
Proposal to rezone 42 acres on the northwest corner of Franklin and Southport Roads:
- 28.15 acres to permit a Kroger store
- 5.9 acres to provide for a commercial center
- 19.15 acres to provide for a multi-family residential development.
- This petition has been scheduled for a supplemental review meeting on August 22 at 9:15 a.m. The public hearing will be scheduled at a later time. The proposed uses generally fit the recommended uses of the Comprehensive Plan.
- This petition is scheduled for discussion on the Civic League’s Land Use agenda on Wednesday, Oct. 11th at approximately 7:30 p.m . Anyone interested in the petition is welcomed to attend. The Committee meets at the Civic League Community Building at 8822 Southeastern Avenue.
Northeast corner of Franklin and Southport Roads:
- Convenience gas station has been approved. A signal light will be installed as well.
Additional information regarding gearing signage on northeast corner of Five Points and Southport Roads:
- Homeowners are seeking to legally establish an existing shed with a reduced setback. The shed currently has a 13.5 foot setback and 15 feet is required.
The focus of the Board of Directors for 2014/2015 will be on maintaining and improving the community. To help make this more apparent to homeowners, we will publish periodic updates for ongoing improvements. Here’s the current list:
- The clean-up of the NW corner of the neighborhood (adjacent to Southport Road next to the corn field) was completed on 11-Aug-2014. (responsibility: HOA/landscaping contractor)
- Two dead trees will be replaced on Southport Road (responsibility: HOA/landscaping contractor)
- Purple plum bush on the right side as you’re coming into Franklin Trace will be trimmed down to remove dead limbs and allow new growth at the bottom (responsibility: HOA/landscaping contractor)
- Trim trees that are affecting the walking path in front of the subdivision (responsibility: HOA/landscaping contractor)
- There is a street light out on Southport; light number will be reported to IPL for repair. (responsibility: HOA Board)
- Removing trailer parked for long term in non-approved area (responsibility: home owner)
- Removing boat parked for long term in non-approved area (responsibility: home owner)
- Removing excessive weeds from flower bed (responsibility: home owner)
Ongoing opportunities: It’s difficult to identify and address all issues, so we ask that all homeowners continually try to eliminate these frequent problem areas to help maintain consistency throughout the community.
- Trash cans left out during the week (they should be 100% out of sight from the street or a neighbors view except for trash pickup.)
- Patio furniture/kids toys left in the driveway; if your neighbors can see it then it shouldn’t be there.
- Mailboxes should all be of the same construction and color as specified in the covenants/website.
- Yard lights need to be in working condition and turn on automatically every night per covenants.
- Parking of vehicles for excessive times in the street or long-term storage in driveways per covenants.
If you have any specific questions, please use the website contact form.
The 2014 Annual Homeowner’s meeting was held on June 11, 2014 at the Franklin Library.
- Here’s the PDF for the presentation used for the 2014 annual meeting: 2014_Annual_Meeting_presentation_Franklin_Trace_HOA
- Here’s the PDF for the meeting minutes from the 2014 annual meeting: 2014_Annual_Meeting_Minutes
If you have any questions or correction, please contact the board.
This is a reminder that the Annual Meeting is this Wednesday, June 11, 2014.
We are requesting nominations for new board members. Several existing members have served for multiple years and it would be fantastic to have fresh perspectives. Please contact the board – http://franklintrace.com/contact/ – if you are interested in joining/running.
The annual Franklin Trace Homeowners Association Meeting will be held at the Franklin Library on Wednesday, June 11th, 2014. Sign-in will be available starting at 6:00PM; the meeting will begin at 6:30PM.
Here is the address and directions: