2015 Spring Community Garage Sale – Saturday May 9
Franklin Trace, and hopefully also with our neighbors in Franklin Parke Estates and Breckenridge, will be having a community garage sale on Saturday, May 9th, from 8am-4pm. There will be signs at both the north entrance to Franklin Trace. If the other neighborhoods also participate, there will most likely be signs there as well (south entrance Franklin Parke Estates; across Southport Road at Breckenridge.) Ads will be posted on CraigsList and the Indy Star classifieds.
Nearly half of the required yard lamps are not functioning properly in Franklin Trace.
In the interest of pedestrian safety and neighborhood security, please make sure that your lamps are function properly, as specified in the declaration of restrictions section 3E:
Individual Yard Lights Required on Each Lot. At the time that the owner of the lot in the Development completes the construction of a home on his or her lot, he or she shall install or cause to have installed a dusk-to-dawn yard light in the front yard of his lot.
If you notice any street lamps that are not functioning, please report them using the contact form on the website or by calling Kirkpatrick Management. Yard lamps are the responsibility of the homeowner.
Indianapolis Department of Public Works will not be collecting garbage or recycling this week. Please return your trash and recycling to where your normally store it. Trash pick-up will resume next Wednesday; recycling will be picked up in 2 weeks.
From the Indy DPW Website:
Sub zero temperatures and dangerously cold wind chills caused the City to cancel trash and recycling collection on Wednesday, January 7, Thursday, January 8, and Friday, January 9. Residents who normally have trash collected on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday will not have collection this week.
Instead, residents affected by the cancellations will have double collection next week.
Curbside recycling customers will have a double collection on their next scheduled recycling collection day.
Residents who have trash collection on Monday or Tuesday will not be affected by the double collection.
Residents with questions about trash cancellations or next week’s double collection may call the Mayor’s Action Center at (317) 327-4622.
The Indianapolis Department of Public Safety has announced trick-or-treat hours for Halloween in Indianapolis and is also offering tips to help trick-or-treaters stay safe.
Trick-or-treat hours in Indianapolis will be from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Friday, Oct. 31. The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD) is planning extra patrols and enforcement in neighborhoods during that time.
Trick-or-treaters can also receive treats from their neighborhood firefighters and police officers by stopping by any neighborhood Indianapolis Fire Department station from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., or at IMPD Southeast District, 1150 South Shelby Street, from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Those choosing to participate in this year’s Halloween festivities are encouraged to consider the following safety tips:
- Wear light-colored clothing that is short enough to prevent tripping and add reflective tape.
- Wear fire-resistant costumes.
- Make sure children can see well through facemasks.
- Do not wear masks or disguises into businesses.
- Adults should accompany young children and children with special needs.
- Go out in daylight hours, if possible; carry a flashlight if you plan to be out after dark.
- Stay within your neighborhood, and only visit homes and people you know.
- Watch for traffic and look both ways before crossing the street.
- Motorists are reminded to slow down and be aware of their surroundings.
- Only give and accept wrapped or packaged treats.
- Examine all treats before allowing children to eat them. If a suspicious item is located, please contact police as soon as possible at 327-3811; if injury is involved, dial 911.
- Do not eat treats which have been tampered with; examine all treats for choking hazards.
- Keep costumed children away from pets; the pet may not recognize the child and become frightened or possibly aggressive.
- Avoid hard plastic or wooden props such as daggers or swords. Substitute with foam rubber, which is soft and flexible.
- Avoid props such as toy guns, which look real.
- Consider block parties instead of trick-or-treating.
- Do not fire guns; it is illegal and what goes up must come down.
- Check the weather and have appropriate dress under costumes in the event of cold temperatures.
For more information on Halloween safety tips, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website at http://www.cdc.gov/family/halloween.
An additional break in took place on Eagle Vista (in Franklin Parke Estates, adjacent to Franklin Trace) on Thursday, October 16, 2014. The home is diagonal to Franklin Parke Blvd. The burglar jimmied the sliding glass door and took money, jewelry, electronic games, and medication.
On Thursday, Oct 16th at around 8:30 am, a home on Preamble Court was burglarized. The burglar entered through the back door after busting glass and rummaged through all of the medicine cabinets. Fortunately, nothing else seems to have been disturbed. A police report was filed and the house was dusted for prints. If you have any details, please contact the police or the Franklin Trace Board using the contact form on our website.
Please be aware that a attempted child abduction just occurred in Breckenridge (the neighborhood north of Franklin Trace.) A child reported that a beat up silver or light tan pickup truck followed the child after getting off the school bus. The truck has multiple dents. The child was aware of the situation and ran to a neighbor’s house. An officer in the neighborhood took the report. Please be on the lookout for this vehicle or any other suspicious vehicles and report them to 911.
Citizens Energy will be repainting the fire hydrants in Franklin Trace in the next new weeks. This will include installing new reflective tape as well (which will help firefighters find them during all times of the day in all types of weather.)
If you have a fire hydrant in your yard, please be aware this work is planned. Please us the contact link on the website if you have any questions.
The newly revised and community-approved Deed Restrictions / Covenants / By-Laws for Franklin Trace have been filed with the Assessor’s Office and are now officially in effect. This one document is now common for all sections of Franklin Trace. Please see the Document Section of the FranklinTrace.com website to download: http://franklintrace.com/documents/
The 2014 Fall Garage sale will be on Saturday, September 27, from 8AM to 2PM. Signs will be placed at the front entrance and we will coordinate with adjacent neighborhoods.